Learn how to remove skin tags at home. Skin tags can be very unattractive and annoying, leaving skin tag removal at home a must for most of us. This is especially true when they form repeatedly and in areas that you do not want them to appear. Frequent visits to your doctor can remove the skin tags easily. However, this can be very tiring and time-consuming, especially if you are a busy person. Fortunately, visiting your doctor is not the only way to remove skin tags. There are other methods to eliminate skin tags. All of these methods can be performed without having to leave your home.
What Are Skin Tags?
Skin tags, also referred to as barnacles, acrochordons or skin tabs, are considered typical, harmless skin growths that look like hanging skin. Skin tags usually form in the areas of the eyelids, under the breasts, neck, underarm and groin folds. In general, the appearance of skin tags varies. However, skin tags are usually slightly wrinkled or smooth, colored brown or flesh-like and irregular in shape. Most skin tags are small. However, some skin tags may grow as large as a big grape. Although this hanging excess skin is benign, its appearance can be a bit annoying, especially if they are located in areas easily seen.
Is It Safe To Remove Skin Tags?
As mentioned, skin tags are considered benign and harmless. Removing them is completely safe. They do not pose any threat to our health. This is, however, only true if you know how to remove skin tags at home properly. Hence, before even considering getting rid of the skin tags on your body, you need to be sure that it is truly benign. If the hanging skins tags are rapidly growing and drastically changing in shape and color, it might be best to consider having your skin tags checked first by your dermatologist before trying to remove it on your own.
Natural Ways to Remove Skin Tags Safely
The following are how to remove skin tags at home:
- Tea Tree Oil – One way of dealing with skin tags is by using this essential oil. This is strong antiseptic oil and famous for treating different skin conditions such as skin tags. Removing skin tags with the help of this tree oil is an easy procedure. You just have to clean the skin tag area with water and some soap. Allow it to dry. Apply the extracted tea tree oil using a cotton ball soaked in water. Then, rub it against the tag’s area. Repeating this procedure 3x a day will make the skin tag fall off in less than 48 hours.
- Castor Oil – Another home remedy for removing skin tags is by using castor oil. To use castor oil, simply combine it with baking soda to form a paste. Apply it to the skin tag until it falls off.
- Oregano Oil – The extracted oil from oregano is known for its inflammatory properties. It is said to help fight inflammation, infection, bacteria and viruses. To remove skin tags with oregano oil, just apply oregano oil to the area with a Q-tip. Do this several times for about two days.
- Cider Vinegar – Another popular natural procedure for removing skin tags is cider vinegar. To use this, simply apply the cider vinegar using a cotton ball or a Q-tip. Leave the cider vinegar on the skin tag area for about 20-30 minutes. Make sure not to leave the cider vinegar on the skin for more than 30 minutes, as it can irritate your skin. After a few days of application, you will be able to see some differences.
These are some effective ways on how to remove skin tags at home. Remember, you should be 100% sure that your skin tags are truly benign before doing anything to remove them.
Incoming search terms:
- how to remove skin tags
- how to get rid of skin tags
- how to remove skin tags at home safely
- skin tag removal at home
- vaginal skin tag removal
- how to get rid of skin tags at home
- how to remove skin tags at home
- removing skin tags at home
- remove skin tags vinegar
- skin tags how to remove