Are you wondering how to get rid of moles? Moles are abnormal growth on the skin. These growths are caused by the clustering of melanocyte cells on specific regions of the skin. Moles can be present at birth or can be formed over time until the age of 40. It differs in shapes and colors. While most moles are normal, some moles look strange. They can be formed in unwanted areas, like on the face. Because of this, people may want to get rid of their moles. Fortunately, there are different ways to remove moles available.
The following are effective means of removing moles.
Surgical Mole Removal Procedures
Aside from cosmetic reasons, some people also have to remove their moles for health reasons. Most moles are benign. However, some moles are also cancerous. When your doctor finds out that your mole is cancerous, removing the mole is very important.
There are two ways on how to get rid of moles surgically.
- Excisions with Stitches – Doctors perform this surgical mole removal procedure with irregular moles, or atypical moles, which usually develops into cancerous moles. After completely removing the cancerous moles, the area is closed by stitching it up.
- Excisions with Cauterization – Dermatologists rely on this procedure when the patient does not want any stitches. Unlike the first procedure, the moles will be removed by burning the mole away. Instead of stitching the moles to close it, the area will be burned closed and the wound will eventually heal itself.
Natural Ways For Removing Moles
People who want to remove their moles for cosmetic reasons usually rely on natural methods. The following are how to get rid of moles naturally.
- Flaxseed – This herb is one of the common natural remedies for removing moles. You can use ground flaxseed or flaxseed oil for this. To use ground flaxseed, form a paste by mixing 1 teaspoon of water and 1 teaspoon of ground flaxseed. Apply the paste on the mole. Using flaxseed oil is also simple. Just simple apply it to the mole you wish to remove with a cotton ball. Using flaxseed to remove a mole usually takes about a week, once a day, in order to see positive results.
- Baking Powder with Castor Oil – Mixing baking powder with castor oil is also one of the most common methods to remove moles. Mix the two ingredients and form a paste. Apply the paste twice on the area daily. After a few days, you will start to see your moles lighten.
- Pineapple – Using pineapple is also an effective way to remove moles. To use this ingredient, simply rub the pineapple regularly to the mole. Pineapple has bleaching properties. After few days of using it, you will see that the applied area will lighten.
- Coriander – To use coriander, form a paste and apply it to the mole you wish to remove. Leave the paste overnight. Repeat this for a couple of days until you notice changes in the moles’ appearance. After a few days, the mole should become thinner and lighter in color. After several weeks of using it, the mole will disappear completely.
- Dandelion Root – Another popular herb used for removing a mole is the dandelion. To use this, simply take the root of the dandelion and rub it on the mole’s surface until the root’s juice is removed. Repeat this procedure for several times each day until you notice significant changes.